For individuals seeking employment as a security guard there are no state mandated requirements in South Dakota. If you starting a business with the objective of providing security guard services you may need to acquire a Private Security License.
While there are no official requirements, the following will help you gain employment as a security guard.
- At least 18 years of age
- United States citizen or resident alien
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Good moral character
- No felonies or violent criminal convictions.
- No habitual drunkenness or narcotics addiction or dependence or other drug related offences.
- If asked, submit to criminal background check
To become a security guard it is suggested that you seek employment with an established business providing security guard services.