In Ohio unarmed security guards are required to be registered. It is the hiring company and not the employee who is responsible for this registration. Registration must happen within 7 days of hiring.
- At least 18 years of age
- United States citizen or registered alien
- No felony or misdemeanors associated with violence, drugs, theft or fraud
- Mentally and emotionally stable
- Good moral character
- Employed by a private security service company
The registration must be renewed annually. It is the hiring company who is responsible for this.
Before you can be registered you must be employed. Your employer will need the following items to complete the registration.
- A recent 2″ by 2″ color photograph
- Physical description
- 1 set of fingerprints
There is a $40 registration fee.