If you are an employee of a licensed security company then you are not required to be licensed to work as a security guard in North Dakota. You are however required to be registered.
- At least 18 years of age
- United States citizen or registerd alien
- Highs school diploma or equivalent
- No felonies or class A or B misdemeanor involving acts of violence, intimidation or theft
- Mentally and emotionally stable
- Good moral character
- Employment with a licensed North Dakota security provider
Registration is handled by the State of North Dakota Private Investigators and Security Board.
Ones the application has been submitted and all fees have been paid an exam date will be scheduled. You will receive notification hereof and the entire process is normally completed within 30 days.
There is a $77 registration fee for individual employees.