In order to work as a security guard in Nevada you must obtain a registration work card.
- No felonies or violent criminal convictions.
- No crime involving illegal use or possession of a dangerous weapon
- No other disqualifying criminal convictions
- Submit an application for a registration work card
- Complete a security guard exam with a score of 100%
A security guard exam must be taken every 5 years and you must obtain a score of 100%.
Application forms and online registration and exam forms are a available at https://nevadapilb.glsuite.us.
Before you apply for a work card, make sure you have the following.
- 2″ by 2″ color photo
- driver’s license or state/federal issued ID
- social security card or birth certificate
- permanent resident card or employment authorisation card (if you’re not a US citizen)
- Completed security guard exam (with a score of 100%)
- Receipt for electronic submission of fingerprint cards or a set of 2 fingerprint cards
There is an $85 application registration fee.