No license is required to work as a security guard in Nebraska. The county, city and hiring company may however have some requirements that must be met.
- Be a United States citizen or resident alien
- Be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No felony or criminal convictions.
- Complete basic security guard training.
The basic training course includes, but is not limited to;
- Role of Private Security
- Legal Aspects
- Patrol and Observation
- Incident Response
- Surveillance operation and documentation
- Working with and addressing the public
- First Aid
Once hired as a security guard the hiring company will make sure you get proper licenses and training to perform the job. For exact information on what is needed where you live contact the City Clerk’s office and the company where you would like to gain employment.