It is not required that you have a license to become a security guard in the state of Michigan. Gaining employment as an unarmed security guard does have a few basic requirements though;
- Be a United States citizen or resident alien.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Not addicted to or dependent on alcohol or drugs.
- No felony or criminal convictions.
- Complete a basic security guard training.
If a basic training course is required by the hiring company may includes, but is not limited to, the following topics;
- Role of Private Security
- Legal Aspects
- Patrol and Observation
- Incident Response
- Surveillance operation and documentation
- Working with and addressing the public
- First Aid
After gaining employment with a licensed private security guard company they will handle any licensing and training.
There may be a $49.25 fee in relation to fingerprint scans and background checks.