Massachusetts does not require security guards to have a license. The Watch Guard Patrol Agency does, however, have a few basic requirements;
- Be a United States citizen or resident alien
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Not addicted to or dependent on alcohol or drugs
- No felony or criminal convictions within 10 years of application.
- Employer may also require that you have completed a basic security guard training course.
If a basic training course is required by the hiring company may includes, but is not limited to, the following topics;
- Role of Private Security
- Legal Aspects
- Patrol and Observation
- Incident Response
- Surveillance operation and documentation
- Working with and addressing the public
- First Aid
To become a security guard in Massachusetts one should seek employment with a licensed Watch Guard Patrol Agency or security guard company. If hired the company will ensure that the you get proper training .