Licensing and requirements in Maine is the responsibility of the employer. Thus no license is needed to work as a security guard if you gain employment with a licensed guard company. Getting employment may however require that you meet some minimum criteria.
- Be a United States citizen or resident alien
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Not addicted to or dependent on alcohol or drugs
- No felony or criminal convictions .
- Complete basic security guard training.
If a basic training course is required by your employer it may include, but is not limited to;
- Role of Private Security
- Legal Aspects
- Patrol and Observation
- Incident Response
- Surveillance operation and documentation
- Working with and addressing the public
- First Aid
Once you have gained employment as a security guard with a licensed security company they will handle any training and registration needed.