- Be a United States citizen or resident alien
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Not addicted to or dependent on alcohol or drugs
- No felony or criminal convictions within 10 years of application.
- Complete 2 times 8 hours of classroom training by a board-licensed instructor.
The training courses includes, but are not limited to;
- Role of Private Security
- Legal Aspects
- Patrol and Observation
- Incident Response
- Surveillance operation and documentation
- Working with and addressing the public
- First Aid
Application is handled by the employer. You should however make sure you have the following before you apply;
- 1 set of classifiable fingerprints (2 fingerprint cards)
- Photo I.D.
- Completed Employment Eligibility Verification form
There is a $40 application fee, a $36 fingerprint fee and a $19.25 FBI fee.