- Be a United States citizen or resident alien
- Be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Not addicted to or dependent on alcohol or drugs
- No felony or criminal convictions.
- Complete a Kansas state certified security guard training course.
The state certified training course includes, but is not limited to;
- Role of private security
- Legal and ethical aspects
- Surveillance operation and documentation
- Customer service issues
- Incident response
- Security resources and addressing the public
- Emergency first aid and CPR
Application and licensing is handled by Kansas State Attorney General.
Before you apply for a license, you may need the following;
- Certificate of criminal background check
For information on how to apply for a Kansas security guard license contact the Kansas State Attorney General or call (785) 296-2215.