- Be a United States citizen or resident alien
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Not addicted to or dependent on alcohol or drugs
- No felony or aggravated misdemeanor or fraud convictions.
- No history of repeated acts of violence.
- Good moral character
- Emotionally and mentally stable
- Complete a state certified training course.
The Iowa state certified training course includes, but is not limited to;
- Role of private security
- Legal aspects
- Patrol and observation
- Incident response
- Surveillance operation and documentation
- Working with and addressing the public
- First aid overview
To apply for a license please contact the Iowa Department of Public Safety.
Before you apply for a personal license, make sure you have the following;
- Photo I.D.