- Be a United States citizen or resident alien.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Good moral character.
- No felony or criminal convictions within 10 years of application.
- Complete 24 hours of basic classroom training.
The 24 hour training course includes, but is not limited to;
- Role of private security
- Legal aspects
- Patrol and observation
- Incident response
- Security resources
- Customer service issues
- First aid overview
Application forms are available at the website of Georgia State Board of Private Detective and Security Agencies, http://sos.georgia.gov/plb/detective/.
The forms are available and can be submitted online.
To start this process you will need;
- Social security number
Your employer may also handle the registration for you. In this case the following is needed;
- 2 sets of fingerprints
- 1 full face photograph (2” x 3”), no more than 6 months old.
- Criminal background check
- Valid Georgia state driver’s license or I.D.
There is a $45 registration fee.