- Be a United States citizen or resident alien.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Not addicted to or dependent on alcohol or drugs.
- No felony or criminal convictions.
- No misdemeanor convictions.
- Emotionally and mentally stable.
- Good physical condition.
- Photo I.D.
- Social security card
- Secure and verifiable identification e.g. a Colorado driver’s license, state I.D. card or a valid U.S. passport.
Complete the documents found on the Denver Business Licensing Center website.
- Letter of hire
- Merchant Guard Application Form
- Applicant Criminal History Form
- Colorado Bureau of Investigations (CBI) Name Check
- Medical examination certificate
- 3 individual character references (not related and known for less than a year)
- Affidavit of Lawful Presence accompanied by Secure and Verifiable Identification
The completed forms should be submitted to the City Clerk’s office.
Once all required documents are completed and submitted, the background check is accepted and approved and all fees are paid in full your license will be issued.
There is an application fee of $50, a $25 license fee and a $6.85 CBI name check fee.