No license is required to work as a security guard in Arkansas. However there are some general basic requirements. If you want to gain employment as a security guard in Arkansas you should apply for a position at a security company. The security company will handle training and licensing as needed.
Following are some basic and useful requirements for gaining employment as a security guard. Actual requirements may vary depending on the security company you apply for work with.
- Be a United States citizen or registered resident alien.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Not addicted to or dependent on alcohol or drugs (you may be subject to ongoing drug tests).
- No felony or criminal convictions involving the illegal use of weapons.
- Must not have committed any acts of fraud.
- Good moral character.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Driver’s license.
- Good physical conditioning.
- Be able to stand up for long periods of time.
- Good communication skills.
- Complete a basic training curriculum.
The basic training curriculum includes, but is not limited to;
- Customer service issues e.g. working with and addressing the public.
- First aid training overview.
- Incident response.
- Legal aspects.
- Patrol and observation.
- Role of private security.
- Security resources e.g. surveillance operation and documentation.