A license is not required to become an armed security guard in Wyoming. The county, city and hiring company may however have some basic requirements that must be met.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- United States citizen or resident alien.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- No disqualifying felonies or criminal convictions.
- Pass background and fingerprinting.
- Complete a basic training course.
- Obtain a weapons permit and complete firearms training.
A basic training course may include:
- Role of Private Security
- Legal Aspects
- Patrol and Observation
- Incident Response
- Surveillance operation and documentation
- Working with and addressing the public
- First Aid
Firearms training may include classroom and range training.
Once you have been hired as a guard by a company providing security guard services they will make sure you get proper training for the job you are to perform. For information on local requirements contact your local police department or the City Clerk’s office.