A license is required to work as an armed security guard in Vermont. In addition to the requirements for working as an unarmed security guard in Vermont you must also adhere to the following criteria.
- At least 21 years of age
- Complete firearms training
A firearms course includes, but is not limited to:
- Basic firearms safety (12 hours)
- Legal responsibility (12 hours)
- Handgun use and safety (4 hours)
- Range training
The license must be renewed every 2 years on June 1 in odd numbered years.
Registration as an armed guard is similar to that of an unarmed security guard, except you should also make sure you have the following items
- Certificate of successfully completed firearms training.
Forms and contact information can be found on the board websites.
There is a$120 registration fee.
License renewal is $80.