Just like when you are applying to become an unarmed security guard in Pennsylvania you must file a petition with the county clerk’s office and a judge will whether or not you become licensed.
While no exact requirements are stated. The following things will go a long way in getting your petition approved.
- At least 21 years of age
- United States Citizen or resident alien
- Mentally and emotionally stable
- Good moral character
- No alcohol or drug dependencies
- No felony or criminal convictions.
- Firearms training
- Prior experience
The application process is the similar to that of an unarmed security guard, except it is recommended that you also include the following items with your petition.
- Proof of firearms training
- Proof of prior experience as a security guard or similar job
There is a $17.50 fingerprint fee and a $200 license fee if your petition is approved.