In addition to the requirements for working as an unarmed security guard in Oregon. You must also adhere to the following requirements.
- At least 21 years of age
- Complete 24 hours of basic armed training
A 24 hour certified basic armed training course can include.
- Sound judgment and preparedness
- Use of force
- Nomenclature and inspection
- Care and cleaning
- Loading and unloading
- Firearm safety
- Tactical safety
- Laws and liabilities in regards to firearms
- Range training
Your license must be renewed every to year. Renewal includes a 4 hour refresher course and a 4 hour armed refresher course.
The application process is similar to that of an unarmed security guard, except you will also need the following.
- Proof of completed basic firearms training by an approved instructor.
There is a $115 application fee.