A license is required to work as an armed security guard in Montana.
In addition to the requirements for getting a security guard license in Montana. Getting a license to work as an armed security guard includes the following requirements.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Completed a board approved Certified Firearms Training Course.
A Certified Firearms Training Course includes, but is not limited to;
- Firearm familiarization
- Safe handling of firearm
- Use of deadly force
- Shooting judgment
- Civil and criminal liability
- Demonstration of proficiency in the use of a firearm
Annual re-qualification is required to maintain and armed security guard license.
The application process is the same as when you apply for an Montana security guard license, except you will also need;
- Verification of current employment at a licensed security guard company in Montana
- Copy of completed and passed firearms certification form.
There is a $100 application fee. There may also be a nominal fee associated with fingerprinting and a $27.75 Montana department of justice fingerprint processing fee. In addition there is a $50 firearms endorsement fee.