No license is required to work as an armed security guard in Missouri. The county and city may however have some requirements in regards to carrying a firearm. Just like the hiring company may have requirements that must be met.
In addition to the requirements for becoming a security guard in Missouri. Working as an armed security guard may include the following requirements.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- United States citizen or registered alien
- Mentally and emotionally stable
- Missouri driver’s license
- Not addicted to or dependent on alcohol or drugs
- Complete basic security guard training
- License to carry firearms
If basic training is required by he hiring company it may include;
- Role of Private Security
- Legal Aspects
- Patrol and Observation
- Incident Response
- Surveillance operation and documentation
- Working with and addressing the public
- First Aid
While there is no need to apply for a license to work as a security guard the requirements for a getting a weapons permit may vary depending on where you live. Gaining employment as an armed guard often requires that you have;
- Weapons permit
- Proof of completed firearms training course with a certified instructor
To find out more about the exact requirements where you live contact your local county, police department or hiring security guard agency.
There may be fees associated with getting a weapons permit, fingerprinting and background checks.