In addition to the requirements for getting a security guard license in Michigan being able to work as an armed security guard includes the following requirements.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Michigan State driver’s license
- Mentally and emotionally stable
- License to carry firearms
While there is no need to apply for a license to work as a security guard the requirements for a getting a weapons permit may vary depending on where you live. Gaining employment as an armed guard often requires that you have;;
- Weapons permit
- Proof of completed firearms training course with a certified instructor
To find out more about the exact requirements where you live contact your local county, police department or hiring security guard agency.
There may be a $49.25 fee in relation to fingerprint scans and background checks.