In addition to the requirements for getting a security guard license in Maryland. Getting a license to work as an armed security guard includes the following requirements.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Mentally and emotionally stable
- Maryland Driver’s license
- Firearms training course thought by a certified instructor
The requirements for firearms training and weapons permit may vary depending on the area in which you are applying. For exact requirements contact your local county, police department or hiring agency. Before applying to become an armed security guard, you may need the following;
- Weapon permit
- Proof of completed certified firearms training
There may be fees associated the fingerprinting process. Any such fees will be forwarded with your application.