In Arkansas an armed security guard is referred to as a commissioned officer.
In addition to the requirements for getting a security guard license in Arkansas. Getting a license to work as an armed security guard includes the following requirements.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Additional guard training.
- Firearms training.
The additional security guard and firearms training course includes, but is not limited to;
- 2 hours on legal authority
- 2 hours on ACT 429 rules
- 2 hours on Field notes and reports
- 1 hour of legal limitations training
- 1 hour of weapon safety training
- 1 hour of marksmanship training
- 1 hour of range firing training
Application forms are available at the Arkansas State Police website, application form.
Before you apply for a license, make sure you have the following;
- A properly completed fingerprint card with classifiable fingerprints.
- 2 passport style color photographs
Your employer will handle licensing.
There is a $40 application fee, a $22 state background check fee as well as a $17.25 and $2 federal background check fee.